When printing digital photos you have a choice between matte and glossy photo prints. Matte and glossy are two different finishes to the photo paper digital photos are printed on. Using different chemicals and processes photo paper can have a glossy or a matte finish. Glossy finish looks shiny, reflects light very well and looks vibrant and color-rich. Matte finish, on the other hand, does not reflect much light and looks “darker” and duller.
There are pros and cons to choosing either matter or glossy digital photo prints. Here are some of them:
Glossy photo prints:
- They look fancy and convey a high-quality feeling. Glossy photo prints have vibrant colors. Colors also look rich and deep on glossy photo prints.
- On the downside, glossy photo prints “shiny” attribute can be a problem when photos are viewed using intense light sources such as daylight sun or strong light bulbs. Light reflected from the photo print can blind the viewer making it hard to see the photo.
- Glossy paper is also more likely to attract dust and fingerprints and is thus more likely to get dirty over time. Black and white glossy photo prints do not look as good as matte ones.
- Matte photo prints do not reflect light and are thus easier to view at almost any light condition.
- Matte photo prints are also less likely to attract dust and fingerprints and are less likely to get dirty over time.
- Black and white matte photo prints look better than black and white glossy photo prints.
- On the downside, matte photo prints do not have the fancy high-quality look that glossy photo prints have. Colors in matte photo prints are less vibrant and less rich than on glossy photo prints.
So which one to choose – matte or glossy? It really depends on your needs and what you are going to do with the photo prints. We at DIYPrintingSupply.com are printing expert! Visit us for our latest promotion on printing machine, photo paper, and photo frame.
|Start Your DIY Gift Printing Business TODAY!!
CONTACT US NOW!!!
|Company Name||:||DIY Printing Supply Sdn. Bhd.(983005-H)|
|Contact Number||:||019.3232.740 / 019.3232.556
019.3232.930 / 019.3232.783
|DIY FB Group||:||www.facebook.com/groups/diyprintingsupply/|